1. Getting started
For DICOM communication to take place between SonicDICOM and a device, you must enter connection information into each machine.
Once you have configured both machines, they are ready, and DICOM communication can now take place.
2. Check basic parameters
For DICOM communication to take place, three parameters must be properly configured.
(1) IP address: identification number assigned to a computer or other device that is connected to an IP network
IP addresses are like home addresses or telephone numbers on an IP network.
By default, Windows is set up to configure the IP address automatically when connecting to a network. In other words, the IP address can change every time you start up the OS.
In devices that utilize DICOM communication, you need to set a fixed IP address to keep the address from changing.
Please make sure you understand your network in order to properly configure your IP address.
If you do not understand, please consult your network administrator or another person who can assist you.
(2) Communication port number: number for identifying the programs used by the computer to communicate
If you are using the default values without any change, then the communication port number is 104.
(3) AETitle: name for identifying the application entities utilizing DICOM communication
If you are using the default values without any change, then the AETitle is “Provider1”.
If you are using the default values without any change, then your SonicDICOM parameters are as follows.
- IP address: please check individually
- Communication port number: 104
- AETitle: Provider1
The three parameters are set up in the same way for modalities, DICOM viewers, and other devices, so please check the parameters on the device you wish to connect.
If you do not understand, please check with the manufacturer’s support staff or another person who can assist you.
3. Enter, in SonicDICOM, the information for the device you are connecting
Enter, in SonicDICOM, the information for the device you are connecting.
- IP address of the device you are connecting
- Communication port of the device you are connecting
- AETitle of the device you are connecting
Clicking on Admin Settings button brings up the [Admin Setting] screen.
*Only accounts with Admin authority can perform these operations.
To register a DICOM user (modality or DICOM viewer), expand the list of the relevant provider. After expanding, input Name (Use a name that will be easy for the user to manage), IPAddress, AETitle, and Communication Port, and click on the registration button.
4. Enter SonicDICOM’s information into the device
You need to enter SonicDICOM’s information into the device you are connecting to SonicDICOM.
- SonicDICOM’s IP address
- SonicDICOM’s communication port
- SonicDICOM’s AETitle
Configuration methods differ depending on the modality or DICOM viewer being used, so please check with the manufacturer’s support staff or another person who can assist if you do not understand.
5. Check communication
After you have finished configuring both machines, DICOM communication can take place. Please confirm that images can be viewed normally from SonicDICOM.